PEACE OF MIND FOR SOUTH AFRICANS ON THE ROAD!
Reasons your Car Insurance Claim could be Rejected & Advice for Auto Insurance Policyholder
Having your claim rejected is never pleasant. Insurance should be about peace of mind, yet too often we hear of claims being rejected, mostly because the policy holder has not scrutinise their policy. Simply said, you should check your policy to make sure you are adequately covered.
These are some of the reasons you could fail in having your claim successfully processed:
1. Driving without a proper valid driver’s license or car license disc.
Check yours has not expired.
2. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, speeding and/or
not adhering to traffic rules.
3. Not reporting the accident to your insurer in due time.
4. Using your car for different purposes than what you disclosed
when you signed up for your policy.
5. You allowed your premium to lapse or paid it late.
6. Your car was not kept safe. Some policies require a mandatory tracking device
installed into the vehicle.
7. Unauthorised driver: some policies restrict who can drive your car and/or
the age of the driver.
8. Poor vehicle maintenance such as worn tyres, faulty brakes and other wear and tear, could prejudice your claim. Keep evidence of your car maintenance and safety checks.
Cut-price insurance products are cheap for a reason. They often restrict your benefits
and pay-out value.
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
BEWARE!!! LOW COST PREMIUM OFFERS: 7 CRITERIA TO SEE HOW YOUR NEW OFFER MEASURES UP & THE WHAT IF'S?