Article 2 - Q&A

Do you work from home?

Specify your office and/or specialised equipment in your contents policy. Also, check your public liability cover is adequate for work-related claims.

Do you use your vehicle for work?

Make sure that your car insurance policy covers you for work-related travel and for other workers who may use your vehicle from time-to-time. You may need to upgrade to a commercial vehicle insurance policy. Check with your broker.

You may want to consider;

  • Business Interruption/Loss of Earning Insurance, to protect your income if your business operation is disrupted.

  • Professional Liability Insurance, to cover legal claims from claims clients in the event of negligence, error or accident omission.

When pegging your freelance rate, factor these monthly premiums as a real cost of doing business.

Previous articles.

Renovation Insurance Q&A

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square